I’m super excited to be working with Yoga Australia to bring you a 30 day, free online yoga course. The course begins 21st June to celebrate international day of yoga and is a holistic approach to yoga encompassing mind, body and spirit.
Over the 30 days we will explore the 8 limbs of yoga and will cover asanas (yoga postures), pranayama (breath control), meditation, relaxation, mindfulness and yogic philosophy.
The course will help you to develop a regular yoga practice or deepen your existing practice and motivate and inspire you.
The 8 limbs of yoga are a systematised, 8 fold path which provide a framework for how to live a more meaningful and spiritual life. The 8 limbs of yoga include:
1. Yamas – Ethics and morals and how we relate to others.
There are 5 Yamas:
- Ahimsa: Non violence and non harming
- Satya: Truthfulness
- Asteya: Non stealing
- Bramacharya: Moderation
- Aparigraha: Non possessiveness or non greed/hoarding
2. Niyamas – Self discipline and personal behaviour
There are 5 Niyamas:
- Saucha: Purity
- Santosha: Contentment
- Tapas: Discipline
- Svadhyaya: Self study
- Isvara Pranidhana: Celebration of the spiritual
3. Asana – The practice of the physical yoga postures
4. Pranayama – Breath control and regulation
5. Pratyahara – Withdrawal of the senses
6. Dharana – The practice of developing concentration and focus
7. Dhyana – The practice of meditation
8. Samadhi – A state of bliss or oneness
You can register for 30 days of yoga via the Yoga Australia website here I look forward to sharing the journey with you.